- 2.Saratoga Starting Gate
- 3.MASTER GUNTER KORUS from the PAST to the PRESENT
- 4.JOHN VAN ALSTINE NEW ARTIST
- 5.THE EVOLUTION OF A MASTER SHOW WITH GUNTER KORUS
- 6.FOR THE BIRDS SHOW & OPEN HOUSE
- 7.PRESENTING A SOLO SHOW FOR MICHAEL FRATRICH
- 8.TILTING AT WINDMILLS GALLERY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
- 9.DAILY FROM THE ARTISTS’ STUDIOS
- 10.FROM JANEL PAHL’S STUDIO TODAY
- 11.ARTIST OF THE DAY …..KEN OTSUKA
- 12.SUNDAY ANDREW ORR
- 13.TODAY HONORING DOUG SMITH
- 14.HONORED TODAY IS JOHN TRAYNOR
- 15.FRIDAY we SALUTE BRETT VARNEY
- 16.A PEEK INSIDE TILTING
- 17.TODAY SUSAN VALENTINE
- 18.GERALD LUBECK HONORS TILTING’S POST TODAY
- 19.SUSAN BUDASH SHARES WHAT IS ON HER EASEL TODAY
- 20.KURT MEYER EBERHARDT 1895 -1977
- 21.AMY LAY IS FEATURED ARTIST TODAY!!!
- 22.SUSAN READ CRONIN ARTIST HONORED TODAY
- 23.NANCY HOWE IS EASTER DAY FEATURED ARTIST
- 24.ANDREW ORR RECEIVES AWARD IN PLEIN AIR SALON COMPETITION
- 26.JOHN VAN ALSTINE
- 27.JANEL PAHL AND HER BIRDS!
- 28.PAUL BATCH IS BLOG ARTIST TODAY!!!!
- 29.WE HAVE REOPENED with the following guidelines.
- 30.GUNTER KORUS
- 31.FLORAL ESSENCE
- 32.X SONG JIANG
- 33.BIRTH OF A NATION
- 34.MEET CHUCKY
- 35.A. HALE JOHNSON SOLO SHOW
May I share with you a revered artist, Susan Read Cronin. She was educated at The Madeira School in McLean, VA, and received a BA from Williams College, in Williamstown, MA, where she developed her passion for art and design. Cronin studied in the early 1990’s with renowned sculptors Jane B. Armstrong and Walter Matia. Having spent most of her artistic career in Vermont, she has recently relocated to Santa Barbara, California.
A show titiled Fables, Foibles and Fairytales, has traveled to eighteen museums around the country. She has had many solo exhibitions of her work at the Harrison Gallery in Williamstown, MA, The Southern Vermont Arts Center in Manchester, VT, The Carving Studio & Sculpture Center in West Rutland, VT, The Williams Club in New York City, Visions West Galleries in Denver, CO, Artisan Designs & Gallery 2 in Brattleboro, VT and Tilting at Windmills Gallery, located in Manchester, VT.
Her work has also been featured at the prestigious Copley Society of Boston, where she is a Copley Artist member, and in group shows at the National Sculpture Society based in New York City, as well as at Hunter Kirkland Contemporary in Santa Fe.
Susan Read Cronin’s bronzes are held in numerous private and public collections including The Erie Art Museum, Erie, Pennsylvania, Southern Vermont Arts Center, Manchester, Vermont, The Madeira School in McLean, Virginia, The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club, located in Naples, Florida, and The Williamstown Youth Center in Williamstown, Massachusetts. One of her 6′ elephants balancing on a wheel was installed in the fall of 2013 at Johnson State College in Johnson, Vermont and number two of the edition was unveiled in 2014 at the Brattleboro Retreat, in Brattleboro, Vermont. Continuing to populate the Retreat campus with elephants, last year, Cronin installed a 7′ version of “XXO” there.
I have represented Susie’s work for almost 20 years and enjoyed every piece. She has lifted many the spirit of many who view and enjoy the humor in her imagination and creations. She is a gift. Following is a link to her website page, where there are many rabbit pieces for your collection.
SADLY WE REMAIN CLOSED TO VISITORS. The few weeks ahead will be the hardest but worth it. We do not wish to do this again.
Please call for virtual tours and simple questions.
Thank you and be well. Terry
24 Highland Ave
Manchester Center, VT 05255